Subject: Re: [amos-list] Little survey
From: "J. Brown (Ender/Amigo)" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 21:19:30 +1000

From: "J. Brown (Ender/Amigo)" <[email-masked]>

>If anyone has the time, would they mind filling out this little
>survey please?  It might be best, also, to reply to /my/ address.
>
>- How do you feel about point and click graphic adventures?

Love 'em, expecially if they have cute cartoon graphics *grin*.

>- Do you think speech is an important feature?  Full or partial?

Personally I acually hate speech in most games, ditto with movie sequences.
But it did work in some of the kings quest games..

>- Is background music preferable to sounds?  Vise versa?  Or both?

Background music definatly.. I've yet to find a graphic adventure that
acually makes good use of non-repeative sfx.

>- Are there any features which help a g.adventure stand out, or 
>  should be included just because they're cool?

Depends on the game.

>- Are g.adventures better humourous or more serious?

Humourous, but it's a matter of preference..
Not totally humorous to the point of being stupid, however..
There still has to be a reasonably serious plot line.

>Thanks for your time,

The bills in the mail, Leto :)

      James Brown == Ender/Amigo == [email-masked]
Sys Admin/Programmer: ADM Development (Http://www.admdev.com)
Sys Admin/Webmaster:  ERA Online (Http://www.animorphs.org.au)
Coder of: EasyCuts, QuakeMovie, CoopWorld, Castle Forte, CBATNAM
 Member of the Litestep Developent team <> Taz-Mania, Australia

------------------------------------------------------------------------
With more than 20 million e-mails exchanged daily...
http://www.onelist.com
...ONElist is home to the liveliest discussions on the Internet!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official AMOS WWW: http://members.xoom.com/AmosFactory/front.html